Sunday 16 September 2018

Lawn Fawn | Haunted House Gable Box | Halloween 2018 Series 3

Hi friends

Today's project isn't actually a card - shocking! :) I decided to make something a little different that you can use to trick or treat each other this Halloween.

Today we're making a gable treat box, Halloween style and it's super cute and fun to do.

I hope you enjoy the video.



I used a Lori Whitlock svg cut file and my Brother Scan n Cut for the box. However, you can purchase Lawn Fawn's Scalloped Treat Box which co-ordinates with the Scalloped Treat Box Haunted House Add-on die set that I used to create this cute project.

I started by cutting the gable box out using the svg cut file with my Brother Scan n Cut machine. I used Stampin' Up card in Smoky Slate. I wanted to add some texture/dimension without any bulk so I used Tim Holtz Bricked stencil to create the look of bricks on the house/box. To do this I used Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Ink in Hickory Smoke and an Tim Holtz Ink Blending Tool. If your stencil is a little delicate you can pounce the blending tool on it instead of swiping the ink on.

 

While the ink dried, which doesn't take too long, I die cut the elements using my Sizzix Big Shot Machine for the Haunted House in Stampin' Up Basic Black, Smoky Slate and Daffodil Delight cardstock. I think a vellum ghost would look super cute too.


Once the elements were die cut all I had to do was put it together and decide where I wanted to place them on the box. As a final finishing touch I added some Tonic Studios Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Gloss pen to some of the elements.


I think it turned out super cute and considering it was the first time I had played with these dies/cut files I was chuffed that it worked out great.


I have linked products above to where you can purchase the products from with the exception of the Stampin' Up card as I'm no longer a demo so cannot link you to my page. However I will also leave a link/s below where you can purchase similar cardstock so you can make this project too.

Scrapbook.com: Thousands of scrapbooking supplies. HUGE daily discounts!

I hope you've enjoyed this project as much as I did making it.

Have a Happy Halloweeny Day!

Bye for now
Janene

Happy Halloween from Scrapbook.com!

Shop Your Fav Brands at Scrapbook.com

No comments:

CUTE CARD USING SPELLBINDERS 2023 CRAFTY ADVENT CALENDAR

Today I’m sharing this cute card made with Spellbinders 2023 Crafty Advent Calendar. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you find inspi...