Saturday 27 April 2019

Love 'n Breakfast Kitchen Scene Card

Hi Friends

Happy Saturday :) I hope you're having a wonderful day and that the sun shines where ever you are.

I wanted to create a scenery card which I love to do and the Lawn Fawn Love 'n Breakfast stamps lend themselves so well to this. It was a perfect match but make sure you look at all your stamps for any foodie ones where you could do something similar. I also used Lawn Fawn Sprinkled With Joy, Gingham Backdrops and Howloween stamps.

The card base is Stampin' Up Thick Whisper White as well as the layer/pieces that become the wallpaper, cupboards, worktop and floor. You'll see from the video that I inked the background with TH Tattered Rose Distress Ink using a stencil to look like wallpaper, I inked the worktop in TH Black Soot Distress Ink to make it look like granite and used TH Walnut Stain Distress Ink to ink what would become the floor. I also used a Tim Holtz woodgrain stamp to make the floor look more realistic.


All the images were colored using Copic markers but you can use which ever coloring medium you choose just make sure that you use the correct ink when stamping the images. What I mean is that you need to use an ink that will work with your coloring medium. So for instance I used Memento Tuxedo Black ink (dye/water based) so that I could use Copic markers (alcohol based). I also use MFT Extreme Black ink which is a hybrid ink and is compatible with alcohol inks.

If you're going to watercolor your images, make sure your ink is either permanent and waterproof like Ranger Archival ink or Versafine ink or a solvent based one like Staz-On ink.

This is so that when you color your images the lines of the images won't bleed or try to blend with the medium you're using. Both are great to try and give you more options when coloring images or creating backgrounds etc.


I also used some Stampin' Up enamel shapes (now retired) for the door knobs for that added touch and this gives them a more realistic look. You can use any enamel dots or something like Nuvo Crystal Drops but be sure that these are completely dry before touching it.

You can watch the video below or over on my YouTube channel here.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a creative weekend!

Bye for now

Janene xx

No comments:

CUTE CARD USING SPELLBINDERS 2023 CRAFTY ADVENT CALENDAR

Today I’m sharing this cute card made with Spellbinders 2023 Crafty Advent Calendar. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you find inspi...