Friday 29 April 2011

What a Pretty Day

Hi guys

As the title suggests it's a pretty day here in the UK. The sun is trying to come out but it just feels great! I think that what I've just read on Kristal's blog, she's doing a blog hop, has really inspired me and made me remember how great our Lord is. I've always said it's the little things in life that mean the most and I truely believe that. There are so many things that can get us down but sometimes you just have to pick yourself up, dust it all off and keep going.

I was trying to find a way of making books without having a Bind-It-All or The Cinch to bind the pages together. I don't have an eyelet thingie (technical term and have pretty much just woken up lol) either so had to think of another way of making them.

So last night I started making them, well I've only done one so far and it's still a work in progress lol but I had such a great time doing it and it's turning out really sweet. I'm sure this has been done like a million times before but I decided to use envelopes as the pages. The opening flap of the envelope is what you stick to the front of the next one. If you stack your envelopes in the same direction one on top of another you will see what I mean about sticking the opening flap of it to the front, this will create the hinge for the pages. Or at least I hope this makes some sense LOL. Then all you have to do is cut your pretty papers to stick onto each page. I also made the front and back covers out of a cereal box (chipboard effect) and covered them too. I made them slightly larger than the pages of the book. I used 8 A6 (to fit a 4 x 6 card) envelopes for this book. This is a standard size in the UK but equivalent I guess to an A2 size in the US. In total I used 16 6x6 pieces of paper to cover the pages inside and the base decoration for the covers front and back. I used another really fun piece of A4 paper (81/2 x 11 in the US) to cover the 'chipboard' covers. I've got lots of little piles of envelopes ready for me to customise and make my own and I'm going to have such fun too.

I have a bunch of papers which were freebies from crafty mags that I buy and so I'm trying to find ways of using them up and so thought this would be a great way of doing this. Another way is to print off pretty papers from your crafty CD's if you have them as they really do have some wonderful papers to play with.

As soon as my camera's up and running (I know I keep saying it but it will happen one day LOL) I will post some pics of what I've done.

Have a super sweet day/eve everyone!

Hugs
Janene

No comments:

CUTE CARD USING SPELLBINDERS 2023 CRAFTY ADVENT CALENDAR

Today I’m sharing this cute card made with Spellbinders 2023 Crafty Advent Calendar. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you find inspi...