Thursday 18 April 2019

Distress Oxide Wave Borders Background You Are Jawsome Card

Hi Friends

Well, what a beautiful day it is today. The sun is shining and I think that Spring may just be with us at last :)

Today's card uses Distress Oxide inks which are super easy to blend with and so much fun to work with. As with all Distress products these too are reactive with water so I created a cool background using 6 different colors as well as splattering water on them after inking to create a neat background.

The end result is fab and I love it!

I also used Lawn Fawn Wave Border and Stitched Hillside Border dies to create the layers as if you're looking into the ocean side on. Not my original idea using the Wave Border dies in this way but I've made it my own and I think it turned out super cute.

For the images I used Lawn Fawn Duh-Nuh stamp set and my Brother Scan n Cut to die cut them out. I colored them with Windsor & Newton Cotman watercolor paints.

The stamped part of the sentiment came from the Lawn Fawn Duh-Nuh stamp set and the word jawsome was made using Lawn Fawn Cole's ABC's dies. I also added Nuvo Aqua Shimmer pen and Nuvo Crystal Glaze to the word for some zing!



You'll notice in the video that the cards (top right hand side of the screen) are for Halloween videos. The reason I added these in for you is because these were made using Distress Oxide inks and I thought you might want to see more of this type of technique.

You can watch the video below or over on my YouTube channel here :)


I hope you'll give this a try and let me know in the comments how you get on.

Have a crafty day!

Bye for now
Janene xx

No comments:

CUTE CARD USING SPELLBINDERS 2023 CRAFTY ADVENT CALENDAR

Today I’m sharing this cute card made with Spellbinders 2023 Crafty Advent Calendar. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you find inspi...