Thursday 25 April 2019

You're Fintastic Simple Card

Hi Friends

I hope you're having a wonderful day. I'm not sure where Spring has gone but it's been pretty rainy and cloudy the past few days here. Don't get me wrong I love rainy days but I do like a bit of sunshine too :)

Today's card is a very simple one to do and uses Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie cardstock for the base as well as the label die for the sentiment. I also used enamel dots in the same color for added texture, dimension and a bit of interest as it's such a plain and simple card.

The first layer (background/'wallpaper') and second layer ('table') used some old Stampin' Up DSP (pattern paper). I've had these papers for a few years now so wanted to try to use them up. This may take me a while as there are so many in a pack LOL!

For the images, I used some Bristol Smooth paper by Daler Rowney and Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers to color them in. I also used Nuvo Crystal Glaze to create the water inside the fish bowl. Just be aware that Zig's are water-based and so they reactivated when the glaze was put on. I did not think this through LOL! Just something to be aware of.


I hope you give this one a try and see how you can use your pattern papers as inanimate objects/backdrops so that you can make more use of them.

You can watch the video below or over on my YouTube channel here.


Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!

Bye for now
Janene xx

No comments:

CUTE CARD USING SPELLBINDERS 2023 CRAFTY ADVENT CALENDAR

Today I’m sharing this cute card made with Spellbinders 2023 Crafty Advent Calendar. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you find inspi...