Thursday 2 May 2019

Tiki Hut Card Using Lawn Fawn So Smooth Stamps

Hi Friends

I hope you're having a great Thursday :)

Hubby and I are off to see Avengers End Game in 4DX 3D today and we're super excited!!

For today's card I wanted to create something different and as you'll see from the video I suddenly thought Tiki Bar when I was coloring the So Smooth images from Lawn Fawn. I used Copic markers to do this and had a ton of fun creating this card.



It didn't take too long as I tried to not overthink the math on how to create the bar itself and this helped so much. If I overthink things, it becomes overwhelming and we don't want that especially when it comes to crafting. This is meant to be fun and happy and creative.

I also used Distress Oxide inks to color some of the pieces needed to create the bar as well as some of the elements like the crab.

I still cannot for the life of me (and this will make you laugh when you watch the video) remember what cardstock I used for which piece but I know it was a combination of Stampin' Up Very Vanilla and Daler Rowney Bristol Smooth. I know for sure that I used Nina 110lb card for the stamped images.

I loved creating this card and it always amazes me how one idea can spiral into something so cute and fun.

I hope you enjoy the video which you can watch below or over on my YouTube channel here.


Have a 'tiki hut' kind of day in the sunshine :)

Bye for now
Janene xx

No comments:

CUTE CARD USING SPELLBINDERS 2023 CRAFTY ADVENT CALENDAR

Today I’m sharing this cute card made with Spellbinders 2023 Crafty Advent Calendar. Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you find inspi...